Gift Card-Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to and regulate the issuance and usage of the Gift Cards facility offered by Federal Bank. I hereby agree that I have read and understood the terms herein.
In these Terms and Conditions, unless there is anything repugnant to the subject or context thereof, the following words / expressions shall have the meaning as stated herein under:
“Application” or the “Gift Card Application” shall refer to the application made by the Buyer, to Federal Bank for the issuance of the Gift Card. The Buyer may make such an Application through FedMobile Bank, subject to the terms specified by Federal Bank from time to time.
“FedMobile” is a mobile banking application of Federal Bank which provide various services including and not limited to “Gift Card program”, herein after referred to as “App”.
“Card” or “Gift Card” refers to a Master card issued by Federal Bank to the Cardholder.
“Cardholder(s)” or “Card Member” shall mean such individual/s, to whom the Card has been issued by Federal Bank and who is authorized to hold and use the Card.
“Purchaser” shall mean and include any individual who makes an Application for the issuance of the Gift, subject to such terms and conditions as may be specified by Federal Bank.
“Federal Bank” or “the Bank” shall mean The Federal Bank Limited, the proprietors / owners of the Card, its successors, assigns and nominees / representatives.
“Federal Bank 24-Hour Customer Care Centre” shall mean the Federal Bank -Customer Care Service provided by Federal Bank, which shall be available to all Cardholders.
“Merchant Establishment” shall mean such physical establishments, located in India, which honor a VISA / VISA Electron/ MasterCard/ RUPAY/ American Express card and shall include, among others, stores, shops, restaurants, hotels (whether retailers, distributors or manufacturers).
“Brand voucher” shall mean gift vouchers issued by Merchant brands, who will tender goods & services against the money loaded in the gift vouchers.
“Merchant” means any person who owns or manages or operates a Merchant Establishment.
“Transactions” shall mean any instruction given by the Cardholder, using a Card, directly or indirectly to Federal Bank to affect a transaction.
- Conditions for the purchaser:
- This service is available only to user having an operative account with Federal Bank and whose account is KYC complied.
- I will be able to purchase a gift for a beneficiary on the App.
- List of various merchants are indicative and are liable to change from time to time.
- I will only be able to send a value of gift to beneficiary and the beneficiary will be able to choose the gift that he/ she wants from a web portal offered by the bank.
- Minimum gift amount will be Rs.100 and maximum gift amount will be Rs.10,000.
- I will have to provide the mobile number and email id of the beneficiary to whom I intend to provide the gift.
- On successful purchase of the gift, bank will communicate to the beneficiary about the gift and help him/ her to redeem the gift. In addition to the bank communicating to the beneficiary, I will also be able to share the gift using any one of the communicating channels such as WhatsApp, Email, etc. available on the device.
- Gift purchased by me will be valid only for a period of 1 year from the date of purchase.
- Bank will provide to beneficiary a web portal to redeem the gift of the choice of the beneficiary.
- Beneficiary will be offered to redeem the gift amount as merchant brand vouchers or bank’s virtual gift card.
- If beneficiary redeems the gift as virtual gift card, the same will be loaded with balance equivalent to the gift value I had purchased. No physical card will be issued.
- The beneficiary will be allowed to use such card only with merchant establishments in India.
- If beneficiary redeems the gift as brand vouchers, such vouchers will be instantly issued to the beneficiary. Bank’s responsibility will terminate when the brand vouchers are issued. Beneficiary shall contact respective merchants in case of any dispute.
- I confirm that the gift is purchased for the purpose of gifting and I shall not use the same for illegal activities.
- Bank might partner with 3rd party companies to provide this service with whom details of the beneficiary might be shared for fulfilling the service. Bank will execute necessary confidentiality agreements with such 3rd party service providers to protect details of beneficiaries.
- Gift once purchased by me will be neither refundable nor transferable.
- Once the gift I had purchase is expired, without the beneficiary redeeming the gift, I will be allowed to revalidate the gift for a further period of 1 year. However, this gift cannot be assigned to a different person. Bank will issue the gift to the same beneficiary. Unclaimed deposits will be transferred to Depositor Education and Awareness Fund (DEAF), as per extant instructions of the bank. For further details, I shall contact the bank.
- Amount paid for as gift on the App shall not be eligible for payment of any interest. Neither will the balance available on the gift card will be eligible for payment of any interest.
- Conditions for the beneficiary:
- I will be provided with a customer id to login to a web portal to redeem my gift.
- I will keep the login credentials confidential and shall not disclose the same to anyone, including persons claiming to be bank officials.
- I can redeem the brand gift vouchers or bank’s virtual gift card for the amount gifted to me.
- If I choose virtual gift card, the entire gift balance will be loaded onto the card. I will not be able to redeem partial amount.
- The virtual gift card will be a digital card, no physical card will be issued. Card can be used only at merchant establishments in India. International usage of the card is denied.
- The virtual gift card will be non-personalized.
- Bank shall pay no interest on the balances in the card.
- Cash withdrawal will not be permitted from neither the virtual gift card not the gift wallet. Gift balance can be used only for purchase of goods and services from merchant establishments in India.
- If I redeem brand gift vouchers, bank will issue to me the brand gift voucher for the value I had chosen. Should I have a dispute with the usage of vouchers, I will have to contact the respective merchant and bank will not resolve the issues.
- Gift once redeemed by me will be refundable, transferable, reversable nor cancellable.
- The virtual gift card I had redeemed is expired; I will be allowed to revalidate the gift for a further period of 1 year. Bank will issue a new virtual gift card with the remaining on the expired gift card. Unclaimed deposits will be transferred to Depositor Education and Awareness Fund (DEAF), as per extant instructions of the bank. For further details, I shall contact the bank.
- Amount paid for as gift on the App shall not be eligible for payment of any interest. Neither will the balance available on the gift card will be eligible for payment of any interest.
- I will be able to view balance in the virtual gift card as well as redemption statement on the web portal provided by the bank.
- To carry out transactions on Ecommerce websites with my virtual gift card, I will be required to authenticate myself. Default 2FA for will be OTP to the registered mobile number.
- The mobile number provided by the beneficiary will be deemed as registered mobile number while issuing the virtual debit card. All SMS alerts will be sent to that mobile number.
- Transactions will be denied on sites blocked/ blacklisted by card network providers from time to time.
- I will be allowed to access the card number, CVV & expiry date of the card on the web portal, which typically are required to carry out online transactions using my virtual debit card.
- I will be allowed to login to the web portal with my user credentials up to a period of 1 year after expiry of the card or exhausting the balance, whichever is earlier. If expired card has been revalidated, I will be able to access the web portal.
- In case bank wishes to terminate the program, bank will communicate the terms of discontinuing the program will be informed to me.
- Bank will put its best efforts to keep its systems involved in this program, however I understand that there might be scenarios when the systems are down & non-responsive for brief periods. In such a scenario, bank will put its best efforts to resume operations in the earliest possible time.
- If, either the gift balance or the virtual gift card, remains unused for over a period of 1 year or more, the same will be classified as “Inactive”. Same will be made active after submitting a formal request to reactive the same. I might be required to submit KYC documents to validate my identity or as per regulations of the bank from time to time.
- If I wish to hotlist the virtual gift card, I will place a formal request with the bank in writing from the email id registered in my card, which is the id provided by the purchaser or calling bank’s customer care number 1800 425 1199.
- The said Card is valid only in India. The Cardholder shall at all times ensure that the Card is kept at a safe place and shall under no circumstances whatsoever allow the Card to be used by any other individual. The Cardholder shall be responsible for all facilities granted by Federal Bank and for all related charges and shall act in good faith in relation to all dealings with the Card and Federal Bank.
- The Cardholder shall inform Federal Bank in writing within 15 days, if any irregularities or discrepancies exist in the transactions/ particulars of the Card Account on any Statement that is made available to the Cardholder. If Federal Bank does not receive any information to the contrary within 15 days, it shall assume that the Statement and the transactions are correct. All records maintained by Federal Bank, in electronic or documentary form of the instructions of the Cardholder and such other details (including, but not limited to payments made or received) pursuant to the Terms and Conditions, shall as against the Cardholder, be deemed to be conclusive evidence of such instructions and such other details.
EXCLUSION FROM LIABILITY:
In consideration of the Bank providing the Cardholder with the facility of the Card, the Cardholder and the Purchaser hereby agree to indemnify and keep Federal Bank indemnified from and against all actions, claims, demands, proceedings, losses, damages, personal injury, costs, charges and expenses whatsoever which Federal Bank may at any time incur, sustain, suffer or be put to as a consequence of or by reason of or arising out of providing the Cardholder the said facility of the Card or by reason of Federal Bank’s acting in good faith and taking or refusing to take or omitting to take action on the Cardholder’s instructions, and in particular arising directly or indirectly out of the negligence, mistake or misconduct of the Cardholder / Purchaser ; breach or noncompliance of the rules/ Terms and Conditions relating to the Card and/or fraud or dishonesty relating to any Transaction by the Cardholder. Without prejudice to the foregoing, Federal Bank shall be under no liability whatsoever to the Cardholder in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly out of:
- Any defect in quality of goods or services supplied.
- The refusal of any person to honor or to accept the Card.
- The malfunction of any computer/ POS terminal
- Effecting Transaction instructions other than by a Cardholder
- Handing over of the Card by the Cardholder to anybody other than the designated employees of Federal Bank at Federal Bank’s premises.
- The exercise by Federal Bank of its right to terminate any Card.
- Any injury to the credit, character and reputation of the Cardholder alleged to have been caused by the re-possession of the Card and/or, any request for its return or the refusal of any Merchant Establishment to honor or accept the Card.
- Any misstatement, misrepresentation, error or omission in any details disclosed by Federal Bank except as otherwise required by law, if Federal Bank receives any process, summons, order, injunction, execution distrait, levy lien, information or notice which Federal Bank in good faith believes/ calls into question the Cardholder’s ability, or the ability of someone purporting to be authorised by the Cardholder, to transact on the Card, Federal Bank may, at its option and without liability to the Cardholder or such other person, decline to allow the Cardholder to obtain any portion of his funds, or may pay such funds over to an appropriate authority and take any other steps required by applicable law. Federal Bank reserves the right to deduct from the balance available on the Card, a service charge and any expenses it incurs, including without limitation legal fees, due to legal action involving the Cardholder’s Card.
- Any statement made by any person requesting the return of the Card or any act performed by any person in conjunction;
- In the event a demand or claim for settlement of outstanding dues from the Cardholder is made, either by Federal Bank or any person acting on behalf of Federal Bank, the Cardholder agrees and acknowledges that such demand or claim shall not amount to be an act of defamation or an act prejudicial to or reflecting upon the character of the Cardholder, in any manner
Addition/Withdrawal of facilities
Federal Bank may, at its discretion, make available to the Cardholder more services on the Card, POS Terminals, Internet or otherwise and/or other devices through Shared Networks for the Cardholder’s convenience and use. All fees and charges related to Transactions done by the Cardholder at these devices, as determined by Federal Bank from time to time will be recovered by a debit to the balance available on the Card. The Cardholder understands and agrees that the Shared Networks may provide different functionalities and service offerings and different charges for different services. Federal Bank shall also, in its sole discretion, at any time, without notice to the Cardholder, be entitled to withdraw, discontinue, cancel, suspend/or terminate the facility to use the Card and/or services related to it, at POS Terminal/Internet / other devices within India and shall not be liable to the Cardholder for any loss or damage suffered by him resulting in any way from such suspension or termination.
The Cardholder hereby irrevocably authorizes Federal Bank to disclose, exchange, share or part with all the information relating to the Cardholder’s details and repayment history information and all information pertaining to and contained in the Terms and Conditions or as expressed in the Application made for the Card to its Affiliates/ banks / financial institutions/ credit bureaus / agencies / statutory bodies as may be required and undertakes not to hold Federal Bank/its Affiliates/the other group companies of Federal Bank Group and their agents liable for use of the aforesaid information.
Federal Bank accepts no responsibility for the refusal by any Merchant Establishment to accept and/or honor the Card. In case of dispute pertaining to a Transaction with a Merchant Establishment a charge/sales slip with the signature of the Cardholder together with the Card number noted thereon shall be conclusive evidence as between Federal Bank and the Cardholder as to the extent of liability incurred by the Cardholder and Federal Bank shall not be required to ensure that the Cardholder has duly received the goods purchased/to be purchased or has duly received the service availed/to be availed to the Cardholder’s satisfaction. In case the Cardholder has any dispute in respect of any charge indicated in the Statement, the Cardholder shall advise details to Federal Bank within 15 days of the Statement date failing which it will be construed that all charges are acceptable and in order. Federal Bank may at its sole discretion accept any disputes on charges older than 15 days. Federal Bank shall make bonafide and reasonable efforts to resolve an aggrieved Cardholder’s disagreement with the applicable charge indicated in the Statement within two months of receipt of the notice of disagreement. If after such effort, Federal Bank determines that the charge indicated is correct then it shall communicate the same to the Cardholder along with details. Any dispute in respect of a Shared Network will be resolved as per VISA / MasterCard/ American Express regulations. Federal Bank does not accept responsibility for any dealings the Cardholder may have with Shared Networks. However, the Cardholder should notify Federal Bank of the complaint immediately.
Quality of Goods and Services
Federal Bank shall not in any way be responsible for the merchandise, merchandise warranty or services purchased, or availed of by the Cardholder from Merchant Establishments, including on account of delay in delivery, no delivery, non-receipt of goods or receipt of defective goods by the Cardholder. It must be distinctly understood that the Card is purely a facility to the Cardholder to purchase goods and/or avail of services, Federal Bank holds out no warranty or makes no representation about quality, delivery or otherwise of the merchandise. Any dispute or claim regarding the merchandise must be resolved by the Card holder with the Merchant Establishment directly. The existence of the claim or dispute shall not relieve the Cardholder of his/her obligation to pay all the charges due to Federal Bank and agrees to pay such charges promptly.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Federal Bank, the Cardholder and the Buyer agree that any legal action or proceedings arising out of this Terms and Conditions shall be brought in the courts or tribunals at Kochi, Kerala in India and irrevocably submitting themselves to the jurisdiction of that court or tribunal. Federal Bank may, however, in its absolute discretion commence any legal or proceedings arising out of the Terms and Conditions in any other court, tribunal or other appropriate forum, and the Cardholder hereby consents to the jurisdiction. The Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India.
By registering for FedMobile Facility, you do consent to Federal Bank for:
- Using information related to the crash logs of FedMobile App and your activities on the said App that may have led to/resulted in the creation of such crash logs, as well as information relating to the supporting handset & operating system details, for the purpose of troubleshooting and fixing of bugs/issues.
- Sharing pre-identified information related to the lines of code in the FedMobile App that may have led to/resulted in crashes /malfunctioning of the said App,with affiliates and partners of the Bank, for the purpose of providing personalized services and improved customer support.