Touch ID or Face ID for App Login
- These terms and conditions (“Terms”) apply to and regulate your use of the FedMobile touch ID/face ID login service provided by The Federal Bank Limited (“the Bank” or “we” or “Federal Bank”). By undergoing the registration process to use the FedMobile touch ID/Face ID login service, or by using the FedMobile touch/face ID login service, you are deemed to have accepted and agreed to these Terms. If you do not accept these Terms, you may disable the FedMobile touch ID/face ID login service from the settings section of the app.
- FedMobile touch ID/face ID login service is a service where you may use your fingerprint/ face ID registered on a permitted mobile device in lieu of your FedMobile MPIN to confirm your identity to access the Bank’s mobile banking services.
- The FedMobile touch ID/face ID login service is provided as part of the Bank’s mobile banking services, and accordingly:
- these Terms are in addition to and shall be read in conjunction with the Bank’s Customer Terms and any other documents forming part of our banking agreement (and any reference to the terms and conditions of the Customer Terms shall include reference to these Terms); the Customer Terms for mobile banking may be accessed at https://www.federalbank.co.in/FedMobile-tc
- the meaning of key words used in our banking agreement is explained in our Customer Terms. Some additional key words which apply to the services referred to in these Terms are explained at the end of these Terms; and
- in the event of any conflict or inconsistency, these Terms shall prevail over the Customer Terms to the extent of such conflict or inconsistency.
- You acknowledge and agree that in order to use the FedMobile touch ID/face ID login service:
- You must be a valid user of Federal Bank’s mobile banking services;
- You must install the FedMobile app using a permitted mobile device, which has not been rooted or jailbroken;
- You will need to activate the fingerprint recognition function or Face ID on your permitted mobile device and register your facial features or at least one of your fingerprints to control access to the permitted mobile device;
- You will be required to undergo a registration process using your FedMobile MPIN to choose to use the fingerprints or Face ID you store on your permitted mobile device for accessing our mobile banking services; upon the successful registration process, the fingerprints/Face ID details stored on your permitted mobile device will be used as a security code for Login to the FedMobile app;
- You must ensure that only your fingerprints/Face ID details are stored on your permitted mobile device to access the device and you understand that upon the successful registration of your permitted mobile device, any fingerprint or Face ID (as applicable), that is stored on your permitted mobile device can be used to access mobile banking services, including access to your bank accounts; and
- You must ensure the security of the security codes as well as the password or code (MPIN) that you use to register your fingerprints/ face ID on the permitted mobile device.
- You may still choose to access the mobile app using your FedMobile MPIN.
- Each time the FedMobile mobile app detects the use of a fingerprint/Face registered on a permitted mobile device (using which you have registered for the FedMobile touch/Face ID login service to access our mobile banking services or authorise login), you are deemed to have accessed the mobile banking services and/or instructed us to perform such transactions as the case may be.
- You acknowledge that the authentication is performed by the FedMobile mobile app by interfacing with the fingerprint authentication module on the permitted mobile device and consent to such authentication process. Moreover, you hereby consent to the Bank accessing and using such biometric information, including fingerprint and/or facial patterns, for the provision of the FedMobile touch/face ID login service.
- . You can deactivate the FedMobile touch /Face ID login service at any time using the left navigation menu of the FedMobile app once you are signed in by accessing App Settings>Manage Login>Fingerprint (Android Devices) & App Settings>Manage Login>Face ID (iOS Devices where Face ID is available)
- If you inform us that the security of your fingerprints or other security code has been compromised, we may require you to block access of the application or de-register the user for login.
- You understand the need to protect your permitted mobile device and shall be responsible for all use of your permitted mobile device (whether authorised by you or otherwise) to access the FedMobile touch/face ID login service.
- In addition to the disclaimers and exclusions of liability contained in the Customer Terms, you also acknowledge as follows:
- You understand that the fingerprint authentication module of the permitted mobile device is not provided by the Bank, and we make no representation or warranty as to the security of the fingerprint authentication function of any permitted mobile device and whether it works in the way that the manufacturer of the device represents.
- We do not represent or warrant that the FedMobile touch/face ID login service will be accessible at all times, or function with any electronic equipment, software, infrastructure or other electronic banking services that we may offer from time to time.
- Unless expressly prohibited by law, we shall not be liable for any loss or damage that you may incur in connection with your use or attempted use of the FedMobile touch/face ID login service, or your instructions, or any unauthorised transactions through or in connection with the FedMobile touch/face ID login service.
- You hereby agree to indemnify the Federal Bank from and against all loss and damage which the Bank may incur in connection with any improper use of the FedMobile touch/face ID login service.
Meaning of words
Permitted Mobile device means all android/iOS devices with a touch ID feature and Apple iPhone X or higher for Face ID and such other electronic equipment that we may enable for use with the FedMobile touch/face ID login service from time to time and includes the operating system or software that the device operates on. Any rooted or jailbroken devices shall not fall under this category & shall be refused for usage.